Wednesday, January 16, 2013

on track... (am.16.jan.13)>

There is quite a bit of haze and very light fog at sunrise this morning, but very few clouds.  I've recorded an overnight low of 41.7F (5.4C).

New data since last night's post shows everything still very much on track for our developing winter storm system.  This is not a storm that is "moving in" from somewhere, it is a storm that is actually taking shape over Afghanistan and Pakistan slowly and gradually as all the necessary ingredients come together.  We've still got plenty of time before things turn nasty, since the main bulk of the rain, snow, wind and possible thunderstorm action will occur tomorrow (Thu) and Friday.

If you have plans to either be leaving or arriving in McLeod, my suggestion is that it would be best to do that before mid-day Thursday.

Scroll down for the full forecast and more detailed analysis on what's ahead.  I'll post updates today if necessary, with complete updated information on the way this evening...

P.S.  I'd like to publicly thank my buddy Niklas for graciously loaning me his MacBook Pro while I (very impatiently) await the final repair of my laptop.  We'll dedicate this storm to you!