Tuesday, August 5, 2014

repetition... (pm.05.aug.14)>

Tuesday's stats:*

Low temp: 64.9F (18.3C)
High temp: 70.2F (21.2C)
Rainfall: 1.86" (4.7cm)
*added/updated

---------------------------------------------------------
I haven't been posting recently, because I am bored to death with the sound of my fingers clicking on the keyboard as I type the same thing over and over again day after day -- and I get the impression you're bored with it as well.

We've had relatively short-duration heavy downpours of rain for several days in a row now, with most of it occurring for a couple of hours during the 2:00 to 5:30pm range.  Yesterday afternoon I measured 3.17" (8.1cm) in just an hour and a half, and late this afternoon we had another hour and a half or so of very heavy rain (though I haven't been home to check the amount yet).

At the same time, we've also been able to squeeze out more than the normal amount of daily sunshine for early August, and that's made these heavy daily rainfall totals a bit more tolerable.  If you scroll through blog posts since the last few days of July, you can see that the scenario we're dealing with has changed little, and it seems it will change little during the coming few days as well.

If you're interested in detailed rainfall info for the monsoon season, you can find it on the UPDATED RAINFALL TALLY tab above.